Mikayla!!!!!!!!! I really enjoy this series. I can definitely see this project going further with more revised text and imagery. The images that I enjoy the most are the top left and "to remember" because as they are not typical horizon line locations, they give me a sense of "thought" or as if you, as the photographer, are in the act of thinking. Continue to explore through photo making and begin to nail down your text, and maybe, possibly find an english major/friend that could help you refine your text. Good luck!
I WANT MORE. Like a whole entire wall. I want to be overwhelmed with tons of these. Since some people had trouble with directionality of the images and phrases, perhaps just have separate unrelated phrases for each one.
I agree, a bunch of images would be awesome. I don't know what size the photographs were, but I think smaller photographs (5 x 7) would give it a photo book feel, more personal. I like the black and white decision.
I agree with the things Caroline and Josh have said. I think more is a good idea, as well as small photographs. What if you created something with a false narrative? Perhaps create images that could represent something that is from your memories, but in reality, they have nothing to do with your memories. I really like the use of your text. I think if you were to create more, definitely think about what else you want to say. Its very poetic yet attention grabbing. I'm looking forward to see where you go from here!
I love this piece so far; I can really see it going places. I agree with Caroline I want to see more! Walls full! I enjoyed how it reads all as one from left to right but I also enjoyed how I could start jumping around and making new phrases with the images, playing more with this could be something fun to think about. I enjoy the thought and concept behind the piece I really think this work expresses who you are as an artist.
Mikayla!!!!!!!!! I really enjoy this series. I can definitely see this project going further with more revised text and imagery. The images that I enjoy the most are the top left and "to remember" because as they are not typical horizon line locations, they give me a sense of "thought" or as if you, as the photographer, are in the act of thinking. Continue to explore through photo making and begin to nail down your text, and maybe, possibly find an english major/friend that could help you refine your text. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI WANT MORE. Like a whole entire wall. I want to be overwhelmed with tons of these. Since some people had trouble with directionality of the images and phrases, perhaps just have separate unrelated phrases for each one.
ReplyDeleteI agree, a bunch of images would be awesome. I don't know what size the photographs were, but I think smaller photographs (5 x 7) would give it a photo book feel, more personal. I like the black and white decision.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the things Caroline and Josh have said. I think more is a good idea, as well as small photographs. What if you created something with a false narrative? Perhaps create images that could represent something that is from your memories, but in reality, they have nothing to do with your memories. I really like the use of your text. I think if you were to create more, definitely think about what else you want to say. Its very poetic yet attention grabbing. I'm looking forward to see where you go from here!
ReplyDeleteI love this piece so far; I can really see it going places. I agree with Caroline I want to see more! Walls full! I enjoyed how it reads all as one from left to right but I also enjoyed how I could start jumping around and making new phrases with the images, playing more with this could be something fun to think about. I enjoy the thought and concept behind the piece I really think this work expresses who you are as an artist.
ReplyDelete