Tuesday, February 5, 2013

the expanded image: proposal


I'd like to use this photo as a starting point for a larger collection of images. The main focus of the images will be the black & white and the distortion created by the double exposure. I am undecided as to whether I will still use double exposure, but I really want to experiment with photocopying the images (from a small 5x7 print) into larger (as large as the machine will allow) black and white images. It will be interesting to see what distortions (if any) are created by the copy machine. I might also try to incorporate some of my writing onto the photocopies. The "DIY" feel is really what I'm interested in right now. I want the images to express passionate emotion. I really want the viewer to experience the emotion put into each image.

Inspiration: http://thephotocopyclub.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment