Tuesday, April 9, 2013

a2 - I have realized that perception is reality and my memory is fragmented.

In the past few weeks, the importance of photography has come into question within my own life. I doubted my own feelings about the photograph. I questioned whether remembering only through a photograph was really remembering at all and if forgetting altogether would be a more truthful path in life. I wondered if our experiences truly make us who we are if we cannot recall those experiences or if they are distorted by time. I came to a conclusion that offered myself comfort because I realized I had been acting cynical and that was obstructing my never-ending path towards being a better and happier person. Then I thought, maybe all we can really do is try to live life in the present without thinking too much about the unchangeable past or the inevitable future. We live in the present moment and experience our lives through our own eyes and express ourselves with our own voices and our own hands. If the moment is fleeting, don't worry about losing it and just let it go. More will come. So many opportunities will present themselves, so take them as they arrive and cherish them but remember to let them go or you may lose sight of the present by becoming fixated on that moment for too long.

This body of work currently exists in an analog state. Digital representations may or may not find their way to this blog in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment