Thursday, April 18, 2013

a3: proposal

As I continue to investigate and evaluate my own frustrations with photography's failure to effectively communicate what it represents (the essence of its referent) it has become apparent, through comments from classmates and my own research, that words or writing of some kind are necessary to convey additional details about the moment that is captured. One photograph that was influential to this idea is There Are Things Here Not Seen In This Photograph by Duane Michals, shown below.


It is similar to my previous iteration of the project in that the imagery is simple and the context of the work seeks to convey to the viewer that there is more to a photograph than what is shown. For the next stage in developing my work, I will incorporate text in this manner. I have not yet decided on the format. There are a lot of possibilities so I may end up exploring a few techniques and seek feedback on which is the most effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment